Sunday 9 February 2014

Bonnie Britt - Return to Roots Project

I visited Puerto Rico for the first time about a year ago. I had been on a music festival cruise for a week and our ship stopped in Old San Juan for a day. A dear friend of mine is from PR and was living there at the time, so he took me out for the day. He introduced me to his friends, showed me the sights, local hangouts, and the vivid art scene. I was in love. The colors, the people, the language, the smells, and the sounds. Especially the song of the coqui frog at night. At the end of the day I got back on my cruise ship and set sail for home, knowing I would return.

Over the course of the next 11 months I underwent a huge transformation in my life. I quit smoking cigarettes, started spending more time with nature, eating healthy, exercising, meditating, shedding toxic relationships, listening to my intuition, creating, adventuring, and overall becoming my best self and loving it. My friend informed me that he and his new wife would be making a visit to Puerto Rico in November, so I booked my flight for a 5 day trip. As my plane was making the final descent into San Juan, my eyes welled up with tears of excitement. With no expectations, I had arrived!

The next five days were like a dream. I mean it when I say this. Actual dreams and visions I had experienced in the past 11 months were playing out in front of me, manifesting into reality. I have experienced psychic awareness before but never to this magnitude! I knew this meant I was on the right path. It's like the Universe nodding it's proverbial cosmic head at you. "Keep going!" I was creating beautiful photographs and films, feeling my vibrational energy at super high frequencies, and falling in love. Everything aligned. I flew back home to Nashville, Tennessee feeling very inspired and fully charged. 

The night I got back home I was meditating on the question: 
"What is my purpose? How can I use my talents to make a positive change in this world?"
 My creative channel was open and the idea for a new film project was planted.
Over the next two months I worked every day to save money for my return to Puerto Rico and nurtured this project into what it has become today: Return to Roots Project. This is a traveling web series I have created of short documentary films that are intended to inspire and educate the viewer on reconnecting to the Source (Earth & Divine) for needs in mind, body, and spirit. This project is my vehicle to making a change in the world, doing what I love by actively creating still and moving images, and fueling my love for travel. I am back in Puerto Rico now working on this project. 

As I write this I am in Luquillo, Puerto Rico working on an eco-educational organic farm in development as a part of the series. My time here in Puerto Rico will be spent traveling, filming, editing, learning, and growing. I am planning to run an Indiegogo fundraiser campaign for the project in March. See, the long term vision for the project is to keep it moving as a traveling web series. Upon my return to the U.S. the goal is to acquire a mobile shelter such as a trailer, RV, or conversion van and take this series on tour across the states! 

My time here in Puerto Rico is open-ended, as I bought a one way ticket. I will be here as long as I need to be. I will know when it is time to return. Learning to follow your intuition is a crazy and challenging thing. Sometimes you don't know where you will go next and it can induce fear. But it all boils down to trusting the energy flow of the Universe, Divine, God, Spirit, Shakti, whatever you want to call it. It will never wrong you. 

And when you follow the path, amazing and sometimes unbelievable experiences occur. You will create works you never thought you could handle, you will grow more into the person you wish to become, and you will go to the places you wish to go. We must all open our creative channels to receiving the work we are meant to do, and all together then we can change the world!





No comments:

Post a Comment